Grace is here!

Grace is here!
Our adventures begin with the amazing baby Grace! :)

Monday, August 30, 2010

I think I am confused!

... or at least my body is! Be forewarned - if you are a guy - you will probably NOT be interested in this post and I have no qualms with you ignoring it!

So - I'm starting week 5 on active birth control pills. When I'm not in the midst of hormonal manipulation, I am extremely regular - every 28 days my cycle starts like clockwork. So - I'm now 3 days past when my cycle would normally start. I'm glad the Nurse Practitioner told us to expect some breakthrough spotting, etc. because otherwise I think it would be easy to worry about if the pills were working right.

I'm having a little bit of cramping and spotting - and continued moodiness (sorry everyone) - my insulin sensitivity still seems to be down (my insulin needs went up ~30% - apparently that's not very common for diabetics on birth control pills - but then, I've never been a very common person medically speaking! :) ) - I'm a little worried that my blood sugar will DROP when I'm between birth control pills and stim medications. But I've still got my normal rates programmed in my pump so I can switch if that seems to become an issue.

Seven more days on birth control pills (last one on Sept 6!) - then a blood draw and ultrasound on Sept 9, and stim meds should start Sept 11. It gets a little overwhelming after that - I think I have a blood draw on Sept 14, then a blood draw/ultrasound on Sept 16, then blood draw/ultrasound Sept 18 and as needed until I'm ready to "trigger" - then egg retrieval/ICSI 2 days later from whenever that happens (target, I think, is Wed Sept 22) - then embryo transfer if all goes well 3 or 5 days later.

I'm really excited and maybe as nervous as I am excited (?) Oh - right - I'm CONFUSED... ha ha... :)

All will be well. :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I never really knew how intense this process is. One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, huh? :) It's kind of nuts - I think that's why I was having such anxiety over the grant while this is going on. If I haven't said it enough - THANK YOU for taking that on!!! It really means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoaaaaaaaaaa can you imagine if you were not a medical smarty pants? this is very hard to wrap mind and emotions around...lots of people here to love and support you ..love mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each day that passes brings us closer to the big day. So hopeful about it all.

    ReplyDelete