At work
- I work with great, supportive people! I'm noting two people here based on experiences yesterday, but I recognize everyone I work with is awesome, has been supportive, and helps me on a regular basis! I don't want anyone to feel left out, so please know I value you all - I just want to give a special note about two people who really made a difference for me yesterday:
- Kris: Kris boldly and without reservation took over my ELC grant responsibilities since she knew I needed help while going through IVF. She reassured me that she will figure it out and showed confidence, organization, and problem-solving skills. I am so happy to know her, and that she is so stellar!
- Sherry: Sherry has an amazing attitude and in talking with her yesterday, she made me feel very supported and calm. She reassured me that people are happy in my Program and recognize that I work hard - that meant a lot to me.
- My mom and Tom: They are making their way to Utah to provide entertainment for our ward party. They didn't have much notice, but are finding a way to make it happen. :) They're also going to support us when we speak in church Sun.
- Vicki and Ron: They are always supportive and helpful - they offer help before we know we need it! They heard we will be shucking 150 ears of corn in preparation for the ward party and are going to come over to help. :) They're also coming to hear us talk Sun!
- Danielle: Danielle is a great listener and is so awesome to help me calm down about the upcoming IVF stuff. When she found out we're speaking Sun, she asked if they could come - I think that is so thoughtful!
- Blake: Of course Blake is great. He figured out how to have our talks written by Wed, and to buy corn, get it shucked, and cool it until the party tomorrow. He's pretty rad.
- Can I just say I have the greatest doctors in the world??? (Or at least the Rocky Mountain Region!) :) I went to my appointment with Dr. Chamberlain (diabetologist) today - I thought I'd done horribly the past few months, but he thought I'd actually done well and suggested just a few tweaks. He is really a neat person - he has checked out this little blog :) and I thought that was very cool considering how busy he is. I know he is rooting for us, and I think that is neat. Between him, Dr. Hanlon, Dr. Heiner, and Dr. Beals, (oh and Dr. Skalabrin who saved my life), I've been soooo lucky!!! It is very rare to find doctors who check out blogs (thanks Dr. Chamberlain!) or visit with you when you run into them at IKEA (thanks Dr. Hanlon!) - pretty dang nice. :)
Thank you Melissa!! I hope your weekend is going well!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes on your talks tomorrow! I know you'll both do very well. And thanks for the kind words Melissa. We're all CHEERING for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you Kris and Sherry! It's been a great weekend - the talks went well, and Blake's family, my mom, and her husband were all there to hear them - it was a special day (Blake's dad doesn't come to church often, but he made it!) :)
ReplyDeleteGlad all went well for your party. Sacrament meeting was great. Now you can relax for a while.
ReplyDeleteDEFINITELY!!! :)
ReplyDeleteAhhhh thank you daughter , that is so appreciatively sweet..and such a fun time for us....such great great talks loved them so proud of you and blake love mom
ReplyDelete