Grace is here!

Grace is here!
Our adventures begin with the amazing baby Grace! :)

Friday, August 13, 2010

Counting blessings on Friday the 13th! :)

It is so easy to complain and be frustrated about things ranging from a minor annoyance from another driver to chronic pain... I know I struggle sometimes to see the positive. We have had many amazing and wonderful things happen for us this year - I keep thinking it's pretty awesome.

In Jan (Jan 2, to be exact) we were sealed in the Bountiful Temple. It was a great day - my Mom and Blake's Mom were there, and we had a really fun lunch after. Super wonderful day... :)

Also in Jan, the reorg at my work went into effect, resulting in me having a new boss, a smaller Program, and more focused responsibilities. I had literally been praying for this for about a year (that or to get a new job, which I didn't really want) - so it was amazingly cool when, completely beyond my control/doing, it happened!

In Feb (Feb 2, to be exact) Blake bought me a super fun Subaru Forester - automatic so it doesn't hurt my foot to push in the clutch any more!

Also in Feb, we decided to pursue getting a second opinion on our fertility stuff.

In March, we started *riding our bikes together - mostly on Legacy Parkway - lots of fun!

*For those of you who know my history with cycling, you'll notice the theme of me getting back on my bike and LOVING it for the first time since WNV in 2006. :) I am ecstatic that my foot seems to be IMPROVING with cycling, yoga, etc. this year - a big, wonderful change!!! Now if I could just lose some of these extra pounds... ;)

Also in March, my brother and his friend got to come out to visit for a few days and go to a Jazz/Nuggets game. It was so nice to visit!

In April, we had our first appointment with Dr. Heiner - as I mentioned before, I was so impressed, calm, and comfortable with him - it made me feel like we were in great hands.

Also in April, for Blake's birthday, we went to Hurricane and Zion National Park and rode our bikes together through the canyon. I was amazed at how fun it was and how well we got along through the whole ride, despite my angry foot. :)

Lastly in April, we booked our trip to Kaua'i and made the decision to go for IVF in Aug/Sept.

In May, I did the Goldilocks Women's Bike ride with my boss, her daughter, and another mutual friend. We rode 30 miles and had a GREAT time!

Also in May, we went to Heber for my birthday and had a great time (yep, more bike riding!)

In June, I rode in the Little Red Riding Hood ride - all by myself - did 35 mi or so. LOVED it. Great reminder that my history of riding started with my interest and motivation, and I can ride anytime I want to whether I have a riding buddy or not! It felt great.

Also in June, Blake's boss was out of town for 3 weeks - it was a little nerve-wracking for him I think, but he rose to the occasion and I think did a great job of problem-solving and proving he is a great asset there!

Last in June, my brother came out to live with my Dad for a little while, so I got to spend some really nice quality time with him.

In July, I was at work a total of 6-8 days between holidays, the International Conference on Emerging Infectious Diseases conference in Atlanta, and our trip to Kaua'i! It was a fun, and fast, month.

Also in July, Ricky went to Kansas to start his dream job - coaching football at a community college!

...which bring us to August! Just started learning to hula with a DVD and am LOVING it! :)

Between my foot starting to relax/act better; getting to ride my bike (especially with Blake); getting to visit fun places (especially with Blake); having helpful changes at work; getting to know people/enjoy our callings at church; and connecting with a doctor we trust to help us achieve our goal of starting a family (and finding strength and support in this, especially from Blake's family), I'm feeling like this is about the best year of our marriage yet!!! I'm really thankful and need to do a better job of focusing on these things rather than feeling frustrated or moody. We are lucky people to live in a place, and at a time, where we have technology available to allow us to address our fertility issues (let alone survive WNV meningoencephalitis, and manage diabetes with insulin pumps/continuous glucose sensors)!

Hormones may make me a little (hopefully temporarily) grumpy, but I do know the underlying truth which is WE ARE BLESSED AND LUCKY!!! :)

Excited to post more as we continue this phase/journey... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment