Grace is here!

Grace is here!
Our adventures begin with the amazing baby Grace! :)

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Man points and Lilac Clothing

For those of you on facebook, apologies for the redundancy. Blake believes there is a "man points" system where he accrues man points when he is nice or does generally good things for me/our house. I knew it meant trouble when the first thing he said today was "I'm going to try to burn through all of my man points today"... I said "why would you do that? Why not be nice just to be nice?" ... and he said "I don't want you to forget that I have accrued man points, so sometimes I need to spend them to remind you." He has since proceeded to try hard to annoy me all day. :( Apparently he has forgotten that my hormones are being manipulated and I'm feeling short in general (... and not just in stature!) Also I got up at 6:45 a.m. to go with the YW/YM to the temple for baptisms. I'm not a morning person - so YAWN... I felt nice and calm there, but started feeling a bit grumpy when I got home. Blake has impeccable timing in when to choose to burn his man points... or not. :)

ANYWAY... on the plus side, he did go to breakfast with me, and did go to Costco and Smith's - and we did get our shopping done faster that way. Also he is grilling dinner for us and my Dad tonight before we watch the Broncos game.

Oh my hell - Blake just came in pretending to cry, saying "I don't think it's fair..." WHAT??? What is not fair? What is he EVEN TALKING ABOUT? That he has to clear off the piano where his pictures and pocket contents have been building up on the keyboard for the past 4-6 weeks? Or maybe that he has to put his shoes and dirty socks in the room instead of under the coffee table? Grrr... he is getting into the negative man points quickly... and just when I was starting to list good things he is doing.

Holy crap - NOW he just told me "I'm under a lot of stress and am having anxiety and I should be treated like a King. You should be thanking me for making this baby thing possible". HUH??? Of course he said this with a gleam in his eye befitting a mischievous little devil with horns sticking slightly out of his cute little head and lovely thick hair...

OK - he DID help me pick out a cute shirt and pair of jeans at the Lilac Clothing Co. booth at Costco. Danielle (my sis-in-law) told me a few months ago about their jeans, so I've been watching for them to come back - and I'm ready to go buy at least one more pair of jeans! If you don't know about these awesome jeans/shirts, check it out at: http://lilacclothing.com . THANK YOU Danielle for the sweet tip! :) (P.S. If you want to buy any of their items, I'd highly suggest you GO TO COSTCO - the jeans online that were ~$70 are ~$40 at Costco, and a shirt that is ~$50 online was ~$24!!!)

... and Blake DID say something funny: "if we have a boy, we'll name him Blake... no, it will probably be a girl and we'll name her Icsi!" He can be pretty clever. Also he is getting ready to vacuum.

Maybe we'll just end up neutral in man points after all today. :)

2 comments:

  1. Julia's cousins own Lilac clothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that - funny!!! I do love my new jeans and shirt-I will have to tell her! :)

    ReplyDelete