Grace is here!

Grace is here!
Our adventures begin with the amazing baby Grace! :)

Monday, August 16, 2010

A pretty great day!

After being up working until 12:30 p.m. last night, I was prepared to be pretty grumpy today. I had several meetings that could have been difficult, and I knew it was likely I'd find out the forms I spent several hours on would need to be changed.

In the meantime, I've been thinking a lot about a scripture shared yesterday in church...

Doctrine & Covenants 108:7
Therefore, strengthen your brethren in all your conversation, in all your prayers, in all your exhortations, and in all your doings.

As I drove to work, I thought I should really work on my attitude and try to follow that better. I admit I got a little annoyed when I first got in - but I spoke with my boss for a minute and it reinforced that perhaps I'm not always being fair in my frustrations - I need to try to proactively think before reacting and give people the benefit of the doubt. It is true these hormones are making me have a shorter fuse, but I can still try to step back and assess what I'm doing/try to be kinder when I recognize I'm being a pill.

ANYWAY - as expected, errors were found in the budgets/forms. Fortunately, I explained that I was tired from working on the forms late and asked if changes could please be compiled/given to me at once so I could make changes all at once. It worked! I got all changes at once with a clear explanation of the errors and had them all updated/re-submitted for review before leaving - HOORAY!

Then - the first meeting happened (Governance Committee meeting I mentioned yesterday) - and I was called in. I was nervous, but answered two questions and then the group voted - they agreed to approve our application approach as-is! WOOHOO! I about did the snoopy dance but kept my composure since the group included several high-level people... I also almost skipped out of the room with glee.

I asked if I could get letters of support from two groups given that decision was made, and both said they'd be happy to help!

The second meeting went well, too - HOORAY! :)

I even got done with everything I needed to do by 4:30 p.m. and got to scoot out ~4:45 p.m. I decided to go to Old Navy to buy some pants since my pants are feeling uncomfortable with birth control-related bloating (no, really!!! :) ). As I was walking out, I ran into my friend Cristie and told her what I was doing, and she said I should maybe get some stretch pants because they would be comfortable now, when my ovaries are the size of oranges, and/or when I'm pregnant. I thought that was brilliant!

When I got to Old Navy, I found several cute shirts/shirt dresses - several on-sale - and found some cute loose-fitting cargo pants. All things I can wear to work, and all comfortable and versatile. THANK YOU Cristie for the idea!!! :)

I think working on changing my attitude really helped today. I'm going to keep working on that!!!

P.S. I know I am sounding VERY egocentric since I haven't been including a lot about Blake. I keep trying to get him to post something about his perspective, but no luck so far. He does keep asking me to say how nice and wonderful he is. It is true - he IS nice and wonderful!!! He even had pizza ready when I got home today. I do love my Blakee!!! I think he's feeling a little awkward since he doesn't have much to do, or control, at this phase of IVF. He keeps saying it is stressful to worry about "performance" on retrieval day - I kind of doubt it though - I think he's just being goofy... :)

3 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    Thanks so much for inviting me to follow this amazing journey! I admire your determination and willingness to go through so much! You and Blake will be wonderful parents....and all of us following your experience will grow as well. Be patient with your ups and downs! You're doing an incredible thing!!!! You have my full support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Sherry! You are so kind. I am really lucky to know you! I think it's good to share experiences - at least a few people will understand if I'm being moody or flaky... :)

    Thank YOU for reading my little blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...oops... I mean OUR little blog... :)

    ReplyDelete