Grace is here!

Grace is here!
Our adventures begin with the amazing baby Grace! :)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Forms, forms... those blasted forms!

We just spent two hours reading through various consent and informational forms, making decisions about what we would do if they freeze any resulting embryos should one of us become incapacitated, struck by lightening, injured by a lion who escapes while visiting the zoo, etc. OK - no. Not the last two. But you would think every *possible outcome was covered in these forms! Kind of exhausting.

I haven't been feeling well - I have a sharp, intermittent pain in my stomach and I feel like I'm retaining water. I am assuming this is related to either pulling a muscle or the birth control pills. Blake is convinced I shouldn't worry about it so I'm trying not to!

We almost got into an argument because I'm tired and Blake started saying he thinks they will separate the IVF class into men's groups and women's groups, and take the men out back to play horseshoes and badminton since they won't be listening to the IVF info/all they have to do is get a sample in a cup. This irritated me A LOT - I don't think it's funny that I'm going to go through at the least, uncomfortable, and at the most, very painful procedures and he keeps joking about it! Maybe he doesn't realize I may need him to help with shots (or maybe he's looking forward to inflicting the pain of them...?) Hmmm...

I also got mad because I made dinner, was making lunches for tomorrow, my foot hurt, and I asked Blake to shut the refrigerator door for me and he thought I was snapping at him so ran into the living room and put a blanket over his head. Seriously. He is 37 YEARS OLD... he thought it was funny, and I probably would usually agree, but I'm feeling frazzled so it was just annoying.

Well... now that I think of it, husbands playing horseshoes and badminton, and running to hide from their wives IS KIND of funny... :)

*Is it me, or does it seem REALLY unfair that almost every form talked about the possibility of severe injury or death of the mother resulting from complications of the procedures - and the father's part is just a "natural" thing that some would even say is FUN??? Grrr...

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I had no idea until Candice mentioned it that you guys were doing IVF. For encouragement I just had a girl that I use to work with deliver twin boys and they used IVF. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that pain in your stomach is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I figured out how to post a comment. I've stil got it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) You go Vickie!!! ...and yep, that pain finally went away!

    ReplyDelete