Grace is here!

Grace is here!
Our adventures begin with the amazing baby Grace! :)

Thursday, August 19, 2010

I think I am going to run out of titles...

... for these posts! :)

Today was a little bit weird between craziness at work, the weather, and discovering "On the Road with Austin & Santino"... love it? Hate it? I just don't know!!! But that is a story for another day!

Just a quick update - Barb from the RCC called about ordering my medications. I found out that just this morning, they changed how they order meds - so I'll be getting them directly from a vendor (totally cool with me since this should mean the best price available). I was able to find out that I AM on the antagonist protocol (not "antagonistic", mind you... hee hee...) - so I'll start injections around Sept 11.

I also found out the nice nurse I'd been working with, Crystal, just switched to working for Dr. Hatasaka, so I won't work with her any more. I think it's fine, though, since everyone has been great so far. I certainly understand reorganization!!! :)

So anyway... all is set to begin in Sept.

I can't believe how fast the year is going - it's already been a month since we were in Hawaii... our tans are fading! So sad... LUCKILY my new favorite coconut lotion can be bought online so I'll be able to relish in the fragrance of Kaua'i even if I can't go there again for a while. In all seriousness, it really calms me down and makes me feel happy! Smell is an amazing sense for triggering different memories/emotions.

I did something weird to my right hip a few days ago (ummm... don't make me tell you to get your minds out of the gutter now! This isn't that kind of a blog!!!) ;) It feels like it's a little out of joint (?) It hurt horribly yesterday to bend at that hip at all - weird. It's feeling better today, but my left hip is hurting now! I think it's probably just that my left foot is working better, and since everything is used to compensating for it NOT working, everything is being thrown into a bit of chaos. I am sure it will settle down - just need to keep doing yoga/hula/bike rides/etc. (and finding the energy for that!) :)

We have been making dinners at home for the past two weeks for the most part and went out to dinner tonight - we tried the new Pizza Factory (right here in Bountiful) - it was DELISH! Fun to find new, yummy places so close by.

OH - and my foot felt GOOD in socks today!!! First time in MONTHS (if not years?) WOOOHOOO... maybe I'll get to wear fun socks/tights/etc. by this fall?!!!

GOOD NIGHT!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa! I am finally going to check out/ catch up on your blog. Thank you for inviting me. I think it's great that you've started this record of your 'big adventure' and look forward to reading along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Thanks for checking it out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete