Grace is here!

Grace is here!
Our adventures begin with the amazing baby Grace! :)

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Little Miss Crabby Day 2

I admit it!!! If you didn't notice, I was just plain ornery today. Between starting the day with a misunderstanding with Blake, nursing hurt feelings from yesterday, and then going to a meeting where my former boss made a couple of... shall we say... snarky remarks that seemed directed right at me, I just felt horrible inside all day.

One thing I realized in thinking about things, though, is I am having trouble asking for help and letting people help with things I normally do. I'm also trying to make things easy for others but not for me. I hate the idea of being selfish, and I know I have to try to reduce my stress - and fast - in September. I hate feeling that I am unfairly asking others to take on my tasks, but I know I need to since I have to prioritize my health and de-stress in order to optimize our chances of IVF working!

I know I need help - and it is killing me a little to admit it. I am great at what I do, and it makes me feel like I'm failing, even though I think I would do cartwheels, somersaults, and round-off handsprings if it would help one of my employees, friends, or family members.

Why is it so hard to be kind/gentle to myself, at least during this ultra-critical time???

I get the feeling I'm in the midst of a learning experience here...

2 comments:

  1. So true! Somehow asking for help equals failure in so many women's minds! Saying no to something, too. I suffer from the same. Not true, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - it's such a weird dichotomy, huh? We'll do anything for anyone else, but don't want to ask anyone to do the same for us.

    This has been an interesting week! :)

    ReplyDelete