Grace is here!

Grace is here!
Our adventures begin with the amazing baby Grace! :)

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Refocusing... :)

So... the weekend had some bumps. Blake and I just talked, though, and agreed we need to look at this as a positive, exciting time, and we need to be on the same team as we go through this.

I asked if I could write down suggested "ok" and "not ok" things for him to say since my feelings were hurt a few times this weekend.

This is what I came up with and we just read through/agreed on:

OK to say (will make me feel better!!!)
  • "I'm sorry I don't know how you are feeling."
  • "I'm sorry you are feeling that way."
  • "What can I do to help you feel better?"
  • "That doesn't seem fair - can we talk about it/can I tell you what I think?"
  • "I love you."
NOT OK to say (WARNING, DANGER)
  • "You're acting crazy" or "you are crazy"
  • "ANYTHING about hormones
  • "You're being irrational"
  • "I don't know how to process what you are saying, it's so crazy"
This is now on a sheet of paper for easy reference. I think it will help us to be kinder and have more peace. Ahhhh....

Have a great day! :)

6 comments:

  1. LOL, I love it, I think I need to make up a list for easy reference for Tom. Like let's not ask the chubby wife, "Are you hungry or tired? because your really ornery." You guys are doing great! Sending more sticky baby vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny Dani - maybe we all need lists like that (?) Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a good list for any married couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I'd thought of it LONG AGO... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thought I posted a comment obviously oblivious to process here....anyhow..sounds like a book deal here , oprah next , amazing how helpful this is to everyone..all prayers and good thoughts coming your way

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mom! Don't worry - this blogging stuff is new to most people (including me!) :)

    ReplyDelete