I woke up this morning realizing the target date for egg retrieval is only TWO WEEKS away! It seems really weird since I don't start shots until Sat - I started feeling anxious, but talked with Blake and he had some great points - first, we live in a day and age of technology where we have an opportunity to address the fertility issues we're facing; second, my diabetes is currently under great control so shouldn't have an impact on this; and third, we are going to an excellent clinic and I have great doctors - we both feel we're at the right place and that things are coming together.
As I think about that, we are definitely in a good place - financially, emotionally, and spiritually. We're working on our fitness and health is pretty good, too!
Also - I've certainly been blessed with great people who are helping to take a lot of stress off my shoulders right now.
I think my angst is coming from time seeming to be in fast forward, and not knowing how my body is going to respond to the medications - I have no control of that! I know I need to stay positive and keep my hope up - no reason to think things won't work now that we understand what has been happening.
So I'm working on turning anxiety into confident anticipation... :) Fingers crossed!
First blood test and ultrasound on Thurs morning - I *think* they will be checking standard hormone levels and my ovaries to ensure everything "looks calm"/ready to stimulate. I'll post after the appointment to verify if I'm right or not! :)
I am glad to be off of the birth control pills - so far, no major drops in blood sugars. I'm glad I have my sensor to help me monitor that though!
OK - later!
No comments:
Post a Comment