Grace is here!

Grace is here!
Our adventures begin with the amazing baby Grace! :)

Monday, September 27, 2010

THiM! :)

Thanks Heavens it's Monday! :) OK not my usual thing to say, but I'm excited for today. I took it off anticipating transfer would be yesterday, and while I would usually readjust and go in, I'm going to still take it off and have a day to myself. I know, I know - this continues to sound a bit selfish. But I promise it will result in a more positive Melissa :)

So - what's on the agenda? I think I'm going to tweak my iPod play list to add a few more songs so that I have a nice, calming, positive baby vibe list of songs. I'm going to try to listen to it daily either when I'm going to bed (to meditate/positive visualization) or if I go on a walk or something, or while I'm driving, to create a positive environment for the little embryo(s) to develop.

I'm going to go get myself a bagel for breakfast and then watch TPiR (the Price is Right) :)

I'm going to go to SLC to Old Navy, and maybe to Kohl's - more for window shopping, but I may get another pair of yoga pants as my abdomen is bloated and uncomfortable in many of my pants.

I'll probably take some tapioca pudding to Blake - it's his fave when he is sick and since he is at work, maybe will help him feel better.

I *may* go get a notebook/binder so I can start printing my blog pages/turning them into a journal/scrapbook of sorts.

OR I may do none of those things! Ahhhh.... I LOVE days off. :)

Hope your Mon is fantastic!

P.S. I must say one thing about the post-IVF TWW (I know I'm only in day 3 of this, but bear with me) - it's kind of confusing knowing what symptoms are related to the anesthesia, HCG trigger shot, and progesterone supplements vs. what may be related to implantation/anything related to "real" pregnancy. I know I'm very emotional, but I usually struggle a little with emotions after anesthesia for weeks to months. My abdomen is a little bloated, my boobs (I'm sorry, I just can't type "breasts" without feeling awkward so I may just have to call them that!) are sore and feel heavy, I'm EXHAUSTED, and I have a little cramping (less today than yesterday) - I think all are likely related to the IVF medications still in my system, but of course I'm hoping the cramping may have been implantation of our blastocyst(s), and of course I'm hoping that maybe some are good signs of my body naturally starting to do what it's supposed to. Probably too early for that, though (at least intellectually I can say that) - emotionally, is it better to talk myself into that, or let myself feel hopeful/take these as good signs...?

Hmmm.... my opinion is that the TWW is difficult not only because you want to know if the IVF was successful in getting pregnant, but because there is a lot of confusing stuff going on in your body and no good way to know if it's just lingering effects from the IVF process, or something a little more exciting!

OK on to the day! :)

6 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed for you...
    As for printing out your blog pages, Blurb.com is a great resource for printing out books. I've done a couple of nice hardback books for the last couple of years from our family blog.
    Best wishes for the anxious days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great suggestion - thank you Tiffany!!! Hope you're have a super day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you took today off work to give yourself a little extra time! My thoughts and prayers are still going your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a great day off......let the dust settle on any hard confusing situation ...we just cant out guess anything... we looked at houseboats last night , I think we would have to loose weight to fit!!!!!! anyhow , your poor body...and mind ... yikes and double yikes, so sorry honey ...everything will be all right.. get lots of hugs from everybody you can ...maybe not strangers on the street!

    ReplyDelete