Yesterday in the morning I felt really sad and jealous of the 10+ friends I have who are currently pregnant - I hate to admit that, but it's true... Then by noon I felt much calmer - and by last night I was feeling excited and like things will be ok. The shot even seemed like a piece of cake!
I felt pretty good going to my appointment this morning - I had scoped out a few spots where there might be be a good vein or two, and my blood draw went pretty well - didn't hurt and the vein I'd scoped out worked.
My ultrasound showed some large follicles developing, but not very many of them. I'm kind of having anxiety about that, though I know it just is what it is. Dr. Heiner said he thinks "I'll end up with three" - but I don't know if he means three follicles, eggs, or embryos! He said I'm progressing quickly and may be running early - I checked with the nurse and I do start my antagonist (Ganirilex) tonight - my dosing today and tomorrow will be:
- 20 units low-dose HCG
- 3 vials Bravelle (this is increased since I'm starting on the antagonist)
- 1 dose Ganirilex
For anyone who is keeping us in your thoughts/prayers -thank you! It is making a difference and is certainly appreciated.
Hoping my follicles/eggs keep growing and do what they need to - as Dr. Heiner said, it only takes one embryo in the end if it works!
P.S. I was able to look at info from my appt in the patient portal - my estradiol level isn't posted (kind of weird) but info re: follicles was. This is what I think I've got - all in my right ovary - 7 developing follicles, mean measurement noted (I think this is the approx diameter):
- 9.84 mm
- 13.79 mm
- 16.2 mm
- 12.3 mm
- 12.5 mm
- 7.2 mm
- 8.03 mm
So... if I end up taking my trigger dose Mon night, that means I have at least 4 more days of stimulation. Assuming an average growth of 1.5 mm/day, this would mean ~6 mm more in growth per follicle - and may result in the following:
- 15.84 mm
- 19.79 mm
- 22.2 mm
- 18.3 mm
- 18.5 mm
- 13.2 mm
- 14.03 mm
BUT - this is out of our control - gotta turn it over to God and keep praying we'll get at least one!
Fingers crossed!!!
Good job today Melissa! Glad things went well. You and Blake are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sherry! I must admit I'm kind of disappointed there aren't more follicles - less room for error/things not working in the retrieval and ICSI process. BUT - it's better than NO follicles which happens to some gals. I'm trying to stay positive and not freak out. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure hoping your daughter is doing well - she's certainly in my thoughts and prayers too!
Thank you for your comment Sherry - you are the best! :)
Praying for you, you are one tough cookie!!! That baby is gonna be lucky to have you for it's momma!
ReplyDeleteThanks Dani!!! You are very sweet - I appreciate your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. :)
ReplyDeleteYou're right, it's out of your control... which is so hard! But that all seems hopeful, it does just take one! I will keep hoping and praying for you too. And I love Dani's comment.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kris! Dani is one of my cousins - she is awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you again for taking on the grant coordination for me - I think I'd be having mega-meltdowns if I was trying to do this while coordinating it. You're a life saver!!! :)
You actually have a good number of follicles... you don't want to overstimulate and have too many. That's what happened to me with my 1st IVF... way too many follicles so the cycle got cancelled and I landed in the hospital for a week. Not fun and very dissappointing. My thoughts and prayers are with you... hoping for a fabulous positive outcome!!! :)
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU RACHEL - I think that is exactly what I needed to hear today - I know you know!!! That makes me feel better...
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind thoughts and prayers - it means a lot to me! So glad I got to visit with you about this and connect - you're awesome. :)