Grace is here!

Grace is here!
Our adventures begin with the amazing baby Grace! :)

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Suppression check... check! :)

So am back home after my suppression check this morning, getting ready to head in to work. To summarize - all went well! Blood work is pending, but the ultrasound looked good. I had 12 "freckles" on my right ovary, which are kind of pre-follicles, or where eggs may be forming. Angie (NP) said this is good and, along with the left ovary looking fine means I have a good chance of having a nice group of eggs to retrieve.

I got to tell Angie my "clomid-ia" story - she thought it was funny... I think it's in a way earlier post so won't repeat it here. :)

The nurse, Barbara, went through the medications and questions I had. I have my dosing for Sat, Sun, and Mon unless something funky comes up in my blood work, in which case she'll call me. I learned a new acronym - NNGN = no news is good news. :)

Emotionally, this was a lot more difficult than I expected! I was nervous, but ok until I was sitting in the waiting room and another couple came in. The gal was SOOOO nervous she couldn't stop shaking! I gathered they were there for their egg retrieval. I know I'm not an empath like Deana Troy (Star Trek: Next Generation) but I must say I think I was channeling her a bit - I started to tear up and had to chill for a minute. Then Barbara told me she had two babies through IVF at the clinic, and I could tell she's very sympathetic to the whole thing. She said she knows it's stressful, but that it's a hopeful, exciting time, too - for some reason that got me too (I think that she really gets it and was so genuine). One of the many things I love about this clinic is that most of the nurses have gone through this experience. I think it makes a HUGE difference when your provider has that level of understanding. They are all nice, supportive, and responsive. This is good.

I called Blake to tell him how things went in the parking lot of Chik-fil-A where I'd stopped for breakfast. :) For some reason I started crying again. D'oh! I think it's good that I came home to relax for a min before heading in to work! He made some joke about 12 pre-follicles and how I can't be an octomom... I wasn't really in the mood for joking and it made me cry. Hormones? Yes - I've got them!

I took 1/2 an ativan to calm down after the appt. I checked with Barbara who said it's just fine. My prescription expired in March 2009 (I don't take these often!) so I called in to get a new prescription, at least one that's not expired! :)

Anyway - shots will start Sat evening. My dosing is:

Sat: 20 units HCG, 4 vials bravelle (FSH)
Sun and Mon: 20 units HCG, 3 vials bravelle

(Don't worry-everything is mixed into one shot, which is subcutaneous like an insulin shot!)

I go in Tues morning for blood work; they'll let me know dosing for the following days after that.

OK gotta get in to work! :)

P.S. Blood work was fine (I looked at my results in the online patient portal - very cool thing) - so set to start Sat! :)

2 comments:

  1. I agree, that is so cool that the nurses/ providers can really understand everything you are going through. That is awesome. I'm glad everything looked good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grazie! :) Have a great weekend Kris!

    ReplyDelete