Grace is here!

Grace is here!
Our adventures begin with the amazing baby Grace! :)

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Quick note - change to blog, and note to self...

Hi all!

Just a quick note - people were having trouble with blog log-ins so I made this public. This means:
  1. You won't have to sign in to read it or need an invite to get to it
  2. I changed settings so you'll need to type in a verification word to post a comment - shouldn't be too much of a pain, but you may notice the difference.

I keep forgetting to note changes in my insulin needs through this!

So - my "normal" (or standard) basal rates - when no hormone issues or extreme exercise, etc. are going on - are:
12 midnight: 1.2 units/hr
7 a.m.: 0.95 units/hr
12:30 p.m.: 0.9 units/hr
9 p.m.: 1.2 units/hr
(TOTAL: 24.9 units/day)

My boluses are basically 1 unit/10 g carbs and 1 unit/50 mg/dL correction.

When I was on birth control pills, my insulin needs went up about 30% (apparently kind of unusual..) so I was at:
12 midnight: 1.4 units/hr
7 a.m.: 1.3 units/hr
2 p.m.: 1.25 units/hr
9 p.m.: 1.4 units/hr
(TOTAL: 31.85 units/day)

My boluses worked better at 1 unit/7 g carbs; I didn't change my correction ratio but maybe should have...

A couple of days after I was off of the birth control pills, I was running low and went back to my standard basal/bolus schedule.

About a week or so ago, my blood sugars started trending up again, so I started a new pattern and was at:
12 midnight: 1.35 units/hr
7 a.m.: 1.1 units/hr
12:30 p.m.: 1.05 units/hr
9 p.m.: 1.35 units/hr

Kept boluses and correction ratios the same.

In the past couple of days, I started running high again so adjusted to:
12 midnight: 1.4 units/hr
7 a.m.: 1.15 units/hr
12:30 p.m.: 1.1 units/hr
9 p.m.: 1.4 units/hr
(TOTAL: 29.7 units/day)

I'm going to try a bolus ratio of 1 unit per 8 grams of carbs, and correction of 1 unit/40 mg/dL - seems likely that will keep things a little more stable! So far, my blood sugars stayed right around 90-100 all evening which is a good sign. :)

Will try to note this better for future reference (mostly for myself, but maybe it will be interesting to someone else...?) :)

Blake is back with yummy Einstein's bagels... gotta go!!!

P.S. I started feeling really warm... I took my temp, it's just 0.3 degrees higher than usual - I think it is probably related to the progesterone supplement (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment