Grace is here!

Grace is here!
Our adventures begin with the amazing baby Grace! :)

Friday, September 10, 2010

Two little signs...

Have you ever been struggling with something and wishing there was some sign that might comfort you? I know we are not supposed to ask for signs to prove anything, and I haven't done that. But a few times through our experience so far I've had little things happen that made me think "whoah - if that just happened, there is certainly hope!"

You can think I'm crazy and that is ok. :) But here are two examples I want to write down...

First, shortly after the first chemical pregnancy/false positive (?) we were about to put up a quilt rack in our living room. There is a pocket door to the closet in the living room, and one to the kitchen. We moved into our house in 2006 and had tried to get those doors to work MANY times throughout those two years. We both thought well, before we put a big nail through the wall that would definitely wreck the door, let's try one more time... I'm sure you know what happened - voila! The closet door closed! Blake made one small adjustment, and it became a fully functioning door! We thought hmmm.... could the kitchen door work now, too? Blake found one little nail that was impeding it, took it out, and yep - it began working just fine. It may sound weird, but all I could think was that, to me, that was some small sign to never give up - sometimes things just take time and, outside of your actions/control, will work themselves out!

Then, just after Valentine's Day in 2009, I walked outside because the snow had melted just a touch, and I saw the image at the top left - one of my mini rosebushes was growing out of the snow in a patch that looked like a heart! It may sound bizarre, but I had been feeling down and discouraged, and I was struck by the feeling that someone was sending me a hug and letting me know things would be ok. :)

Now look - I know the house wasn't trying to teach me a lesson, and maybe it really was random snow melt that formed that little hole in the snow. But sometimes I think it is ok to assign meaning to things that help you to feel hopeful and comforted, and personally, no matter the outcome of this venture, I'll always think fondly of those two times - and if Blake or I have guardian angels or something helping us out during these times, so much the better. :)

P.S. I just noticed that the template I'm using for this blog has little dandelions and several little puffs blowing away like when you make a wish and blow on them. Totally unintentional - kind of cute since we're certainly making some wishes here! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I think those are tender mercies that God sends to us to make sure we know he is mindful of us. I love the snow picture, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete