What an interesting appointment today!!!
First - I now have 4 follicles on my right side and 3 follicles on my left side - apparently 3 of the smaller ones have been absorbed on my right, and my left got going the past two days. I said something like "whoa - I didn't think I had ANY on my left!" and Dr. Heiner said... "yep, things change!" The body is a crazy thing.
Anyway - two on my right side were ~20 mm, and two on my left were a little over 15 mm. I am taking stim medications tonight, then going in tomorrow morning at 8:45 a.m. - Dr. Heiner said that will probably get them to where they need to be and the retrieval will probably be Tues - a day early! :) I'm actually feeling a LOT calmer and like this is good - maybe a few of the others will have a big growth spurt overnight, too? Regardless, 4 seems pretty good to me if they're all good quality. I don't know if they'll try to get the smaller ones or not (?) Hmmm... we'll see!
I'm excited things may happen early, but I'll need to get some meetings covered (like my monthly Program meeting - oops!) ;) Oh well - this is more important and I've got great people who I think will be happy to help - it's all good.
That would mean embryo transfer (if we get embryos - please oh please...) would be Fri Sept 24 or Sun Sept 26, depending on how the little ones are developing/what the embryologist thinks in terms of Day 3 vs. Day 5.
I really feel a lot calmer and more hopeful today - can't say why, but it's good.
My ultrasound results aren't in my e-file; when I can get them, I'll post the measurements for each of the follicles we saw today.
Also - I just love Dr. Heiner and his staff. How nice to know they know why you're there, they know your name, and they're happy to see you and work with you! :)
For the purposes of documenting for future reference - my abdomen feels SOOO full - it's a little sensitive and my lower back is achy. I have had some cramping - presumably related to the volume of the follicles which I'm not used to (at least, I'm not surprised given all of that...)
OK - more later...
P.S. Same dose tonight - 20 units low-dose HCG, 3 vials Bravelle (225 mg), 1 dose Ganirilex. :)
Blake wants me to note he is chillaxin...
OH and GO UTES!!! :) 3-0!
It's great that it is all progressing right along. Fingers crossed! Hopes up!
ReplyDeleteYAY!! I am so glad to hear things are going good!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Vicki and Dani! Definitely hopes are up! :)
ReplyDelete