Well, I kept waking up, then falling asleep, then waking up... eventually Blake's alarm went off, and it was kind of a welcome thing to give me a reason to get up and going! I took the trash out, made him a sandwich, and started to get ready to go to my appointment.
As I started to drive, I put on my "Baby Hopes" playlist. I kept thinking "I sure hope this is positive!", but kept running through what I would do when they called to say it wasn't.
I listened to "This is the Day" by The The - the lyrics seemed particularly salient today:
Well, you didn't wake up this morning cause you didn't go to bed
You were watching the whites of your eyes turn red
The calendar on your wall is ticking the days off
You've been reading some old letters
You smile, and think how much you've changed
All the money in the world couldn't buy back those days
You pull back the curtains, and the sun burns into your eyes
You watch a plane flying across the clear blue sky
This is the day, your life will surely change
This is the day, when things fall into place
You could have done anything, if you wanted
And all your friends and family think that your lucky
But the side of you they'll never see, is when you're left alone with the memories that hold your life together, like glue.
You pull back the curtains and the sun burns into your eyes,
you watch a plane flying across the clear blue sky,
This is the day,your life will surely change,
this is the day when things fall into place.
You were watching the whites of your eyes turn red
The calendar on your wall is ticking the days off
You've been reading some old letters
You smile, and think how much you've changed
All the money in the world couldn't buy back those days
You pull back the curtains, and the sun burns into your eyes
You watch a plane flying across the clear blue sky
This is the day, your life will surely change
This is the day, when things fall into place
You could have done anything, if you wanted
And all your friends and family think that your lucky
But the side of you they'll never see, is when you're left alone with the memories that hold your life together, like glue.
You pull back the curtains and the sun burns into your eyes,
you watch a plane flying across the clear blue sky,
This is the day,your life will surely change,
this is the day when things fall into place.
As I drove, I kept worrying that the rain was a bad sign. I looked to my left, though, and noticed a beautiful break in the clouds, with a few beams of light shining down on the hills among some low-lying clouds. I thought that is beautiful! Maybe it was a little sign of hope for me? :)
I got to the clinic about 9:03 a.m. Nancy (the MA) drew my blood about 9:20, and said they'd call with results in a few hours.
I got to my car and called Blake to let him know that, and Tom (my Mom's husband) left a message asking "when we'd find out if the embryos had posted the "Home Sweet Home" sign". I was a little annoyed - how would I know when they would call, and who says things like that?!!! But I was also really tired.
I called and talked to my Mom - she thought they would have told us an exact time for when the results would be in - I was like, what doctor's office knows exactly when they will call??? I told her I'd call as soon as I found something out. She said she'd be sitting waiting by the phone all day until I called.
I called Danielle and spoke with her for a minute, then got home and started cleaning. Lucky Blake - when I am stressed I clean!!! :)
Danielle called and we were talking for a while again - I think primarily about how I couldn't figure out how I would react if it was positive; that I was trying to prepare for bad news; etc. I was on the phone with her at 11:05 a.m. when the phone rang and it was the RCC! So I told her they were calling and I'd call her right back.
I answered and it was Angie, the Nurse Practitioner. I think I said "how are you?" and she said "fine - I'm calling with good news..." and I started bawling or something. She said my test was positive - my HCG is 174 and they like it to be > 100, so it looked promising. I couldn't stop crying and she said "don't worry - you can cry, scream, and celebrate all weekend!" This is why it is nice to know the nurses there have been through this and know what it's like!
So... I'm pregnant! About 4 1/2 weeks using the "traditional" calendar (starts with the first day of your last period). :)
I made a few calls - it took me about 1/2 hr to get my Mom on the phone (so much for waiting by the phone! ;) - all good though!) - and I thought I better post to the blog now.
This is so, so early, and there is still a long way to go, and much could happen, so I'm hoping to keep it a little private, at least through the first trimester.
The next step will be to have an ultrasound on Oct 18. This is called a "pregnancy ultrasound" or "viability scan" to check out the embryo(s), determine how many there are, rule out an ectopic pregnancy, etc. If all goes well there, I'll make my first Ob/Gyn appointment!
So - I keep taking Crinone (progesterone supplement), 81 mg baby aspiring, and my prenatal vitamin, and must keep my blood sugars under excellent control.
SOOOO exciting!!! :) Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I give you all credit in this little miracle and am continuing to keep fingers crossed things will continue to progress normally/on target!
If anything changes, it is nice to know we have so much support. Thank you!!!
Oh, and if you'd like to know, this is about what the embryo(s) looks like this week (from http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-4-weeks ):
Week 5 is when the neural tube and organs start forming, so a huge blessing to know to be keeping my blood sugars as excellent as possible in order to let things grow as they should!
Have an AMAZING weekend - we have my niece's baptism tomorrow, a friend's baby blessing Sun, and I teach YW Sun. Oh and I need to do my monthly report for work! It will be a fast, and fun, weekend!
We are going to celebrate somewhere fun tonight... not sure where yet, but what a great day! :)

YAY!!!!!!!!! Melissa, I can't even tell you how happy I am for you and Blake! Those are excellant numbers - higher than mine were at my positive result! You were so cute yesterday when you started tearing up talking about your program at the Bureau meeting... I leaned over and whispered to Karin, "She is SO pregnant!" Welcome aboard the emotional rollar coaster! And add another "stat" to our Bureau! LOL WOW, just sitting here smiling I'm so excited for you! Have a fabulous weekend... celebrate somewhere wonderful! See you Monday. Love ya!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Rachel!!! I know - I was kind of embarrassed by my emotions, but oh well - at least people know I LIKE my staff, right? ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited - in looking at info online, it is probably a singleton, which is just fine. I'm ecstatic I may be a Mom soon!!! :)
Have a great weekend!
I'm so happy and excited for you!!! Congratulations to you both! Yay!!! Have a wonderful weekend celebrating!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Kris!!! :) I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend!
ReplyDeleteSuch great news! Yay!!!! Can't wait to catch up when I get back. I'll be thinking about you!
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy for you!! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteWe are all so excited for you both and cannot wait to welcome another addition into the Dimond Family Clan. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteThis is the day my life surely changed....this is the day when things fell into place.... crying with joy never felt this good , except when I got the news about having you dear daughter....thank you for blessing me every day of your life ... mom
ReplyDeleteThanks everybody!
ReplyDeleteRachel - I just hope you enjoy your trip! :)
Hope all continues to go well - a long way to go, but if it's anything like the past few weeks, it will go by FAST!
Oh and P.S. I got a little antsy on the ultrasound - it's actually supposed to be 2 - 2.5 weeks from today, so I'll need to reschedule to ~Oct 22. But if all goes well until then, they'll be able to see the heartbeat - so worth the few extra days I think. :)
ReplyDeletewhat a happy, happy day Melissa. I am so happy for you. There are no better changes in the world...you just wait. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteThanks Andrea!!! We're really excited - Blake couldn't even sleep last night - it was pretty cute. :)
ReplyDeleteYea!! Just think, there could be a little Blake in there growing! You are the best and we are still praying for you that everything will work out wonderfully
ReplyDeleteThanks June (cute Junebug)!!! :) I sure appreciate those prayers - how wonderful to have such kind friends and support! :)
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!!! I am sooooooo happy for you guys!!!! I will keep you in my prayers!!! Love ya!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Karen!
ReplyDeleteKeeping you in my prayers! Best wishes for the long weeks ahead.
ReplyDeleteThanks Tiffany! I've come to the conclusion that I don't think it's much easier AFTER the two week wait while I now wait for the ultrasound to make sure things are going ok. I've been told then you are worried until the next appt/ultrasound, until you FINALLY see the baby!!! I am beginning to understand that! :)
ReplyDelete