Friday when Blake got home, we went to the Royal India (on Main St in Bountiful) to celebrate our news. It was YUMMY!
Saturday was our niece, Julie's, baptism. We decided before we got ready to run to Shopko to look at futons in order to set up the basement as our guestroom (our current guestroom has other plans...) :) We found a great futon and really comfortable mattress, and both were on sale 55% off. Can't beat that!
We ran home, got ready, and got to the baptism with about 2 sec to spare. It was great - Julie looked sooo cute and happy. :) Blake got to be a witness for the baptism, and he said the closing prayer. After, we got to go over to Ember and Mark's house for a little dinner party. The food was great, the kids (Julie, Celine, Josie, Bailee, and Braden) had a great time, and it was just nice.
Sun morning we went to our friend Marilee's baby's blessing (for her son Michael). What a cool thing - we really enjoyed it and were happy to have been invited. :) Then we ran home, I finished some last minute prep for the YW lesson, and we went over for YW and Priesthood (the last hour of church). We came home and both fell asleep for a bit. We then worked on putting our Halloween decorations up.
Sun night was a little rough - Blake had been kind of obnoxious all day and we ended up bickering a little. After talking to a friend Mon, I realized maybe he is feeling stressed re: our baby news and doesn't know how to express it? BUT - on the plus side - we made steak and artichokes to continue our celebration (that was my FAVORITE special meal growing up) - and it was DELISH. :)
All weekend I continued to feel nauseous intermittently (usually if I don't eat), and my lower back is sore; I have to run to the bathroom about once/hour (or more); and I started feeling REALLY tired!
Mon I went in to work and got to leave early to get a massage from my friend Emma. Man I love massages! I used to go once a month but now go about every 6 mos. It was soooo nice, and fun to visit with her, too. Now I'm looking forward to using my gift certificate from Gen even more! :)
After my massage, I raced to the Mandarin in Bountiful - we were having a family celebration for Ron's (Blake's Dad) birthday! It was really fun, and great food. When I got home, I meant to go out and take pictures of the Halloween decorations to share, but was tired and fell asleep FAST. Also when we got home, Blake found that our freezer had stopped working and everything in our freezer was thawed. UGH. Luckily he has a knack for fixing ANYTHING and, though it took until 3 a.m., he diagnosed it (finding where there had been a fire in the circuit board, behind a service panel) and fixed it. Hooray for Blake! Unfortunately, when he tried to wake me up to come see the problem (where the fire had been), I was COMPLETELY OUT and wouldn't wake up to look at it. :(
So... today is week 5 day 1 of pregnancy! I'm definitely tired and continue to have weird dreams, nausea, etc. I continue to take those as good signs though. :) When I got to work, cute Sherry had left me a super sweet onesie to celebrate our news (THANK YOU SHERRY!) - it made me feel happy and so thankful for kind friends. It was a busy day with lots of meetings, and I'm zonked and about ready for bed (though it's only 9:10 p.m.!) I do want to include info on week 5, though - I'll do that in a minute.
We get to go to Colorado this weekend - Fri is our 5th wedding anniversary, then we get to go to the Independence Community College (where my brother coaches football) vs. Air Force Prep Academy football game in Colorado Springs, and then to the Broncos vs. Jets game with my Mom and Tom Sun. It will be a fast, and really fun, weekend! :)
OK so... week 5:
(from http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-5-weeks_1094.bc)
"How your baby's growing:
Deep in your uterus your embryo is growing at a furious pace. At this point, he's about the size of a sesame seed, and he looks more like a tiny tadpole than a human. He's now made up of three layers — the ectoderm, the mesoderm, and the endoderm — which will later form all of his organs and tissues.The neural tube — from which your baby's brain, spinal cord, nerves, and backbone will sprout — is starting to develop in the top layer, called the ectoderm. This layer will also give rise to his skin, hair, nails, mammary and sweat glands, and tooth enamel.
His heart and circulatory system begin to form in the middle layer, or mesoderm. (This week, in fact, his tiny heart begins to divide into chambers and beat and pump blood.) The mesoderm will also form your baby's muscles, cartilage, bone, and subcutaneous (under skin) tissue.
The third layer, or endoderm, will house his lungs, intestines, and rudimentary urinary system, as well as his thyroid, liver, and pancreas. In the meantime, the primitive placenta and umbilical cord, which deliver nourishment and oxygen to your baby, are already on the job."
How does it (or how do they) look...? Well, click here to see! :)
I'm a little nervous because my blood sugars have been running slightly high - not too bad, but enough to make me freak out a little. I'm working on adjustments, though, and I think it will be ok.
OH - and I had to reschedule my viability scan/pregnancy ultrasound - I had gotten too excited there. Unfortunately, Dr. Heiner is out on Oct 21-26, so Oct 27 it is! This is totally ok with me as it is my friend's daughter's birthday, too - and I'll be just into week 7 so, if all is going well, they may be able to see the heartbeat and everything.
We keep praying things will continue to tick along well! My friend made a good point - the embryo(s) went through A LOT with the harvesting, ICSI, and transfer - it (they) is (are) probably one (or two!) strong, tough little thing(s). :) Perhaps I should stop worrying quite so much!
OK then - more soon. :)
Just saw this Melissa....thank you... its a lot isnt it...Linda asked how you are , can I tell them yet? do you choose to tell them yet?
ReplyDelete