FRUSTRATING - I can't get my blood sugars to be between 80-120 (for the most part) the last few days. I know I'm sensitive to hormone changes - that could be all it is (?)
I changed my highest basal rate (I used the last highest setting I'd had while taking birth control pills the past couple of days) and increased it from:
12 a.m. - 1.4 units/hr
7 a.m. - 1.3 units/hr
9 p.m. - 1.4 units/hr
(this was a ~30% increase over my "normal" settings for me) to...
12 a.m. - 1.55 units/hr
7 a.m. - 1.45 units/hr
9 p.m. - 1.55 units/hr
This is like a 40% increase!!! But it just dawned on me - if birth control pills "trick" your body into thinking you're pregnant to suppress ovulation, and I'm actually pregnant, I guess it makes sense that my insulin needs would increase (?) Maybe this is a good sign after all?
I thought maybe my pump site or insulin was bad, but changed both and was still running high so am trying this. I'm also going to start going on walks to get exercise in - maybe that will help, too. I just don't want to be running high the next few weeks when the embryo is developing organs, etc.!!! Very important time!
Oh and I'm having sinus congestion - I think it may be allergies, though - I felt horrible this morning and progressively better (though more tired) all day... hmmm...
Oh and I'm having sinus congestion - I think it may be allergies, though - I felt horrible this morning and progressively better (though more tired) all day... hmmm...
OK then - hope you all have a super day. :)
dang, hope all tht gets lots better for you...see that sinus stuff has been around here for about a month...get right to dr. so you can feel better...sorry about your blood sugars....so excited for football weekend love you
ReplyDeleteHi Melissa. I just caught up on your blogs this morning. (Also not sleeping.) It is all so exciting. Hope your blood sugars stay okay. Have a fun weekend. Get plenty of rest, some exercise, eat right, blah, blah, blah and all that good advice. Love you lots. It is so fun to see you looking so happy! I can't wait for the ultrasound results. Lots of love.
ReplyDeleteThank you Mom and Vicki!!! :) I keep having anxiety attacks, but I'm trying to say hey, that's a good thing - must mean my hormones are crazy, right??? :)
ReplyDeleteI think the anxiety attacks are from exhaustion.. you have to surrender to resting, I know so hard for such an active person..talk to your drs let them know what is happening , get help..lots of blessings for peace and comfort so you can rest? baby/babies have to rest!!!! a little to much stress on you...Im not sleeping either .. wow three ofus!!big hug so excited to see you ...
ReplyDelete