Grace is here!

Grace is here!
Our adventures begin with the amazing baby Grace! :)

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Holy tired, Batman...! and an accounting of our trip to Denver

For the past few days (almost a week now actually) I've been soooo tired.  I have insomnia at night (waking up about every 2 hrs) with weird dreams, and then I am having trouble staying awake during the day!  Yikes.  Oh well.  Quickly before I move on to the Denver trip - my ultrasound was rescheduled to Thurs Oct 28 - the doctors are all at a conference and won't be back until late Wed.  BUMMER.

To summarize Denver... it was fun, but BUSY - not exactly a restful trip, but still fun!


When we got in on Fri, we went to get our rental car and all of the computers were down.  Blake waited in line patiently for an hour and a half.  The guy at the counter told him he was going to give him a nice car (a Ford Edge instead of an economy car) since Blake was nice and didn't complain.  So, we happily walked out to stall B28... but... no car.  No car like a Ford Edge ANYWHERE near there.  Shoot.  I waited outside with the luggage while Blake ran in to see what we should do.  When he got back in, the guy who had helped him was off of his shift, and the new girl was swamped.  She told him we could go with the car in B25, or just find a car in the same class as the Ford Edge and come back to tell her what it was and get it signed out.  The car in B25 was a minivan (it didn't match up with what it was supposed to be) - and I noticed a Ford Edge in the next row a few cars down.  So we opted for that.  Plus it was a Ford Edge Limited... :) so even nicer!  Blake got the car checked out, and we drove to the final check-out.  The guard there couldn't see where on the Rental Agreement (with about 5 license plates written down) the car was - Blake had to show him the final license plate at the bottom enclosed by a little box.  Success!  We were out of there.  We had gotten to the rental place about 9:45 p.m. and made it to our hotel about midnight.  I was happy to crash as soon as we got in.

I woke up about 7:30 a.m. Sat and started to get ready - we went to get my Mom and Tom about 9 a.m.  We went to breakfast, then headed to Colorado Springs to see the Independence CC Pirates take on the Air Force Prep Academy Huskies.  We got to the Air Force Academy a little after 11 a.m. and wandered a bit until we found the field.  (I was audibly annoyed that the group in the car hadn't listened when I suggested that the field was probably by the Prep Academy when we found out, after driving in the wrong direction, that I was right.  Not really like me but I was TICKED.)  We got to the field at the same time as my Dad and Susie.  We all walked over and the Head Coach  (Coach Carson) came over to visit for a minute - I didn't get to talk with him but my Mom said he said very nice things about Ricky.  We saw Ricky for a min, then the team finished warming up.  Susie told me she was running to get drinks for folks at the Burger King a few min away on campus.  I was feeling a little sick and she graciously agreed to get me a hamburger too.  She got back just as the game started and I felt better after eating. :)  One cool thing was there were more fans who came from Kansas than were there for the Huskies!  Pretty fun.

Well - the Pirates looked GREAT in the first half, but lost steam in the second half and lost.  We got to see a few of Ricky's friends (including Jeremy) and talked to Ricky for a bit after the game, then he had to go since they were starting the drive back to Kansas.  That went by way too fast - it was AWESOME to see Ricky looking so professional and like a coach! :)  Indy is lucky to have him there.

After the game, we went to the Broadmoor.  On the way there, I was struck with how beautiful Colorado Springs is!  I'd forgotten that!  We ate a little on the patio and people-watched - there was a big wedding going on, and it seemed a concurrent tennis tournament of some kind - so lots to see.  At some point, a woman in a bathrobe and towel on her head even walked through the crowd - that was kind of weird!  We walked around the hotel a bit, then headed back towards Littleton.  I was EXHAUSTED and fell asleep most of the way there. When we got back, we went to dinner at the Macaroni Grill, then headed back to the hotel. 

Sun we got up, ate breakfast at the hotel, then checked out and headed to my Mom's.  I saw China (my little cat who now lives there), then we headed to the Broncos game.  We parked and rode a rickshaw to the game - that was COOL. :)  The game was fun - pretty subdued crowd until the last 1 1/2 min when a mistake led to the Jets taking the lead.  The crowd wasn't happy. :(  The Broncos lost, 24-20 - hopefully they'll have motivation to win against the Raiders Sun!

We drove from the game to the airport.  Blake went to turn the car in - trouble again - they didn't have that car checked out to us!  It took about 1/2 hr to resolve, then we got on the shuttle and made it to board the plane.  We got home about 11 p.m.

Our anniversary was Fri - we had dinner at the airport - Quizno's. :)  We still need to go somewhere a bit more fitting, just Blake and I, to celebrate!

I'm going to do a separate post re: insulin and week 6.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment