Whoa did this weekend FLY BY!!! I'm exhausted and haven't even had a chance to post!
Yesterday (Sat) I woke up at 7:30 a.m. and got up to start cleaning - yep, I'm having trouble sleeping. Blake got up around 9 a.m. and went to get bagels at Einstein's. Unfortunately it was SUPER BUSY and a guy in front of him stole... I mean, took... our order when it came up! Oh well, the guys there know Blake so gave him the impatient guy's AND his original order. This worked out GREAT, actually, as I forgot to tell him the pretzel bagels have been too salty for me the past few days, so I got impatient guy's cinnamon sugar bagel instead. :)
We watched General Conference from 10-11 a.m., then Mark and Ember dropped Julie and Celine off to go to the zoo (we promised Julie last year for her birthday that we'd take her to the zoo - she turns 8 yrs old next Fri so we had to get moving!)
We went to Wendy's for lunch - it was clear the girls were VERY excited. They were much more interested in their toy than lunch (which is understandable!) - somehow we started talking about what names mean and I tried to look up origins for Celine and Julie - I *think* Celine has origins that mean "heaven", and Julie has origins that mean "light". I couldn't find a good website there, though, so could be wrong...
Anyway, we drove to the zoo - the girls were making loud noises and Blake started playing "car bingo" with them - pretty good idea! It got them focused on looking for a bird, limousine, convertible, and car pulling a boat. :)
I'm a little too tired to tell everything about the zoo - it was SUPER fun though! We went on the train, ran around the Discovery Zone, saw all of the animals, ate treats, and the girls rode on the carousel. I think they had a good time.
A few funny things happened at the zoo - first, we were sitting eating cotton candy and shaved ice (all blue, of course) when Blake asked Celine his favorite question... "Celine, where do babies come from?" Without hesitation, she very seriously stated (kind of loudly) "uterus!" We all looked at each other and doubled over laughing as Blake said "that's the best answer I've heard!" Out of the mouths of babes... :)
Then, poor Celine was standing with me by the orangutans - Julie and Blake were ahead of us - I looked down at her as I took a big gulp of water and she looked up at me, with some water and ice on her face, with a very funny look which made me laugh and spray my gulp of water on... well... everything. On the wall, on her, ugh... I couldn't stop laughing, and couldn't swallow the remaining water, for a few min. Oopsie!!!
Julie was the tour guide - she had grabbed the map at the beginning and navigated all over. She had a running narrative about all of the animals she's learned about. I do believe at 7 yrs old she knows more about giraffes than I do!!! :)
Celine got tired by the giraffes, found a shady spot, and sat right down eating her sucker. I didn't think we could actually wear them out - AT ALL - these girls are high energy!
Anyway, it was a super fun day. :)
So... the past couple of days I keep needing to run to the bathroom (urinary urgency) a lot, despite drinking a little less water. In looking online, I found that this usually doesn't happen until ~week 6 (though a couple of sites said it can start within 1-2 weeks of conception). I thought it was related to hormones, but the info I found today said it is related to the uterus enlarging (eventually due to increasing blood volume), putting pressure on the bladder. I don't know if that is what's happening - if I'm pregnant, I'm just ~4 weeks. I'll take it as a good sign, though I started to panic when I had some cramping. Then I remembered to take a deep breath and remember it's out of my hands; we'll know soon enough (5 days!) if things took this time or if we'll be trying this process again.
Have I mentioned fingers are crossed...? ;)
yeaaa thank you for the post , now try to surrender to chillaxin!!!! its ok if you dont post, I know you cant sit around but what about a good book that would make you rest? so glad you had a great time at the zoo..t hey have live animals now?? big mom hugs
ReplyDeleteOhhhh did you see the man who invented invitro go the nobel prize ? 1.5 million ....they said there are over 400 million invitro babies.... the first was his own child!! interesting symptoms...upon conception I always gained 60lbs and the toilet became my best friend , continuous nausea for 9 mths!! cant have more fun than that....I will always remember someone saying do you think you are different from anyone else who is pregnant? kind of cruelly ahhh such sweet revenge when she got pregnant and was actually the color green from vomiting......but you cant do that ....would they give you anti nausea pills?
ReplyDelete