Just in time... tomorrow starts week 9 so better get this going!
According to http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-8-weeks_1097.bc?read_more=1&scid=mbtw_preg08:958&pe=2UvuHCR, during week 8:
"Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. You may be daydreaming about your baby as one sex or the other, but the external genitals still haven't developed enough to reveal whether you're having a boy or a girl. Either way, your baby — about the size of a kidney bean — is constantly moving and shifting, though you still can't feel it."
Here are some pics from our week 8 ultrasound - looks like it about matches the drawing, huh? ;)
I think the baby looks more like "Slimer" from Ghostbusters than a tadpole, which is progress!
Also - at the ultrasound, it was about 1.73 cm CRL (crown-rump length) - I think I mentioned that Thurs or Fri - but it's exciting so I'm repeating again! Also I noticed on the printout the heart rate was 167 bpm.
I emailed my blood sugar info, basal rates, etc. to Dr. Chamberlain and Dr. Silver. I also asked if I should worry about my weight. Dr. Silver replied pretty quickly and said I'm doing great and not to worry about weight at all - he said you gain a lot of water weight as your blood volume increases. That made me feel a lot better! :)
My new basals (as of this morning, after waking up low every night for almost a week) are:
12 midnight: 1.45 units/hr
7 a.m.: 1.30 units/hr
9 p.m.: 1.50 units/hr
Also I changed my carb ratio to 1 unit/9 grams of carbs since I've been running low a lot.
So - all good so far! Oh, and I had Blake take a picture of me to document baseline (at almost 9 wks) and belly growth over time. I wish I was a little smaller, but oh well - it is what it is! Here we go:
... and so Blake doesn't feel left out, we're going to include him in the pictures, too :)
Blake has always made me crack up!!!
Oh - symptoms this week - nausea continued - I thought it was subsiding but, nah, no such luck (which is actually fine since it is reassuring in a way) - also continued to feel short of breath and tired. All pretty normal - hooray!
Week 9 - here we come! ;)
Blake, you are funny. Go Slimer!! Week 9, that is awesome! :) so exciting!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Kris!!! :)
ReplyDeleteMelissa, you look cute. Eeek, Blake! Well, you look cute too, I guess.
ReplyDeleteYou are too funny Vicki!!! I know - I keep thinking did we have to get a shot of his... well... nipple??? OOPS! Like Elaine on that Seinfeld episode (only not QUITE as offensive since he's a guy!) ;)
ReplyDelete