Holy cow, today ended up BUSY! I'll write in more detail later (no, really...) ;) but want to let everyone know things are just fine. The embryo is growing GREAT - grew quite a bit over the past week! If I understand the ultrasound correctly, CRL (crown-to-rump length :) ) is now ~1.7 cm - not sure how to translate that, but according to my week-to-week info (which I'll post soon, too for week 8) it's about the size of a large raspberry. :) It kind of looks more like Slimer (from Ghostbusters) than a tadpole - progress!
Blake couldn't leave work for my appointment today, and it's Vicki's birthday, so we made it a ladies' day and Vicki and Danielle came with me. I was happy to have some company - it made me less worried.
I like my new doctor - kind of quirky but that's always a good sign for doctors, right? ;) He is very into helping with diabetes management so I'll be sending him and Dr. Chamberlain weekly info on my blood glucose trends.
My next dr appt is in 3 weeks; I signed up for a study, though (observational only) so I'll get three additional visits and ultrasounds during the pregnancy which is kind of fun.
I also am going to do an integrated screen which has a high sensitivity (high detection) and specificity (low false positives) for detecting things like Down's Syndrome. I'm not worried about it and it won't change the course of the pregnancy, but if we found something, it would help us to be prepared.
My basals have decreased more - they are now:
12 midnight: 1.55 units/hr
7 a.m.: 1.35 units/hr
9 p.m.: 1.55 units/hr
The goal is to keep my fasting blood sugar < 95 mg/dL; 1 hr after meals < 140 mg/dL; and 2 hrs after meals < 120 mg/dL. If my HbA1C stays < 6.5 (my last one was 6.3), I'll be at no greater risk for complications than a non-diabetic. The last two weeks my ave is ~118 mg/dL, which would be a HbA1C of about 6.1, so I think I'm doing ok! Just gotta keep it up!
I was SOOOO happy no one said anything alarming or derogatory about my weight. I've been STRESSING about that. I guess I'm not as bad on that as I thought!
Interestingly, Dr. Silver said that if I have trouble sleeping, I can take benadryl or unisom without any trouble now. Also tylenol is totally ok if I have pain of any kind. Good to know!!!
I'll be on crinone until Nov 16 and baby aspirin until Nov 30 - he didn't think either was necessary but they don't hurt so he said keep going with it.
OK I'm RAMBLING... I'll post pics tonight or tomorrow, as well as week 8 info.
Good stuff! I'm also getting more confident that things are going well - I feel good (well, nauseous, but other than that) ;) and I feel like things will be just fine.
Thank you , this is wonderful news and sounds all is well in Bountiful.
ReplyDeleteYAY!! Keep growing you little raspberry!!
ReplyDeleteWe had a fun day and it was so intersting to see the ultrasound (even though it takes a big imagination to understand the image). It is great that everything is going so well and that the doctor is totally interested in all the details.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! :) I know - the embryo image is hard to interpret!!! I just love to see the little flickering heart in the middle - and I know things will become more clear in upcoming ones. :)
ReplyDelete