So... I got in to be seen this morning - got to hear the baby's heartbeat with the doppler which was very cool! Heart rate was in the 150s - perfectly normal. Of course the baby dove when she was trying to get the reading so it was kind of hard to hear... but that is ok! A big relief. Also found out that anything that can irritate the cervix/that general area can cause spotting which made me feel better.
My favorite nurse midwife, Rita, saw me - she is really nice and calming. She explained their philosophy is that we'll worry about the baby the rest of its life; if they can help reassure/calm us during this phase, they are happy to.
She called me back when I got to my desk at work and asked if I could come back for a RhoGAM shot since my blood type is 0 negative, we don't know Blake's, and I was having spotting (though 99% sure not from the baby - better safe than sorry!) So I ran back and got a big shot in my rear. I don't know when the last time is that I had a shot there! It didn't hurt until after and is pretty sore now. At least that is all done now. :)
So - I still don't quite understand why they have my due date at Jun 19 and I have it as Jun 14 - I always feel badly because the MA (usually cute Lisa) will say "oh, you're X # of weeks!" and I'll say "I don't know why you all keep saying that - I'm X + 1 weeks!" and then I apologize and explain I'm emotionally attached to Jun 14, and she'll say don't even worry - the baby will come when it comes. I think I will ask Dr. Silver at my next appt to officially move it to Jun 14 so I'm not being ornery to his poor staff!
Have a great day! :)
Hi Melissa,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad everything is OK!! That is great. I hope you have a wonderful long weekend & fun New Year's celebration - it is going to be a great year!! :)
Thanks Kris! Me too - that was nice to get reassurance. :) I hope you have a super time, too! Bring in 2011!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI like that you have a nurse midwife working with you. I hope she will be there for the delivery. I understand they are trained to be reassuring, to make sure you are comfortable, etc.
ReplyDeleteMe too - and I was thinking the same thing. Fingers crossed it works out that Rita can be there!!! :)
ReplyDelete