Grace is here!

Grace is here!
Our adventures begin with the amazing baby Grace! :)

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Integrated screening results

... well that was fast!  My second blood draw was yesterday so I didn't expect results until next Tues, but the genetic counselor just called me - everything is normal! :)  Of course I immediately started to cry when I got that news. :)

In summary:
  • Risk of Down's Syndrome (based on my age) went from 1 in 180 prior to the screen to 1 in 290
  • Risk of neural tube defects is less than 1 in 10,000
  • Risk of Trisomy 18 is less than 1 in10,000
So... most likely we won't need to worry about any of those things - HOORAY!!! :)

Wonderful news for a Happy New Year I think!

Now if my round ligament pain would simmer down a bit... ;)

If  I don't post again before Fri - I wish you all the happiest New Year yet!!!  

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is absolutely the greatest new years news! thank you so much Melissa ..luv mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the Integrated Screening tests turned out normal. Way to go Melissa!

    ReplyDelete