D'oh! Week 27 is almost over - and still no post (!) I can't believe I forgot to post about my appt last Tues!
First, though, I'd like to add a few more things to the list of things NOT to say to your pregnant wife. These may be specific to Blake and I, but I offer them as friendly suggestions in general:
- "Do you think your stomach will ever go back to normal...? Because, you know, some women use pregnancy as an excuse..."
- "Boy you are eating like a little piggy!" (followed by an "oink")
- "You look like a pregnant oompa loompah!"
Ahhhh.... lovely. No, I'm not making these up - all have been uttered in the Dimond household in the past week! Lucky for Blake I am pretty calm about these antics. :)
OK - my appt last Tues was just fine - I'd only gained 2 lbs in the last month, but my belly was measuring 27 cm (4 cm increase in the last month) - Gracie's HR was 140 bpm - all just great!
My next appt is Tues March 29 (I'm going to every 2 wks now) - at that appointment, I'll get an ultrasound, my RhoGAM shot, etc. - a big appointment! Also on Fri April 1 (on our way out of town to Denver) I have a fetal echocardiogram (ECG). Fun stuff.
Oh... and THIS Sat (March 26) is our Super Saturday Childbirth class! Hooray! :)
So - week 27... Grace is moving and kicking a BUNCH - kind of cool, but a bit uncomfortable! My heartburn seems to be coming back BIG TIME though there were 2 or 3 days last week that were just marvelous - no congestion, no heartburn... heaven! No big deal, though - this is really just fine. My feet are swelling LOTS - looks horrible but I'm not fretting.
We have spent a LOT of time cleaning up and organizing our basement - it is coming along quite nicely! I think it will be a really nice little den/extra guest room.
Sun I was VERY EMOTIONAL - EVERYTHING was making me cry - from choir practice to the YW lesson, to seeing our old friend Scott! I think I'm figuring out I need to cut some things back and I'm really torn about that...
ANYWAY - week 27 in terms of development, from http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-27-weeks_1116.bc?responsys_count=1&scid=mbtw_preg27:1063&pe=2UvuHCR:
"This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now.
While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
See what your baby looks like this week."
Speaking of the Super Saturday class, "For Your Partner" on babyzone.com for week 27 talked about just that!
"The Importance of Childbirth Classes
Attending birthing classes and taking a hospital tour are two important things you can do to get ready for the birth of your baby. Knowledge is power, and the more you know the better.
Attending birthing classes and taking a hospital tour are two important things you can do to get ready for the birth of your baby. Knowledge is power, and the more you know the better.
Classes will help you understand the process of labor and delivery (and how you can best help your partner during childbirth), familiarize yourself with the facility where your little one will be born, and get an idea of what Baby will be like the first few hours of life and beyond.
Are you nervous about the actual birth? Many men are. Classes can help you prepare for seeing your partner in pain and give you tips on how to personally manage the stress of watching a medical procedure. While some men may joke that pregnant life is always about women and babies, when it comes to giving birth it really is. You'll need to work through your anxieties or fears now so that you can help fulfill the needs of your partner and child during birth.
You hope the labor and delivery will go smoothly, but just in case it doesn't, you'll need to act as an advocate for your partner and baby. For some men, this can be surprisingly stressful. For the first time, you may feel torn by the needs of your partner and the needs of a new baby. Balancing out these emotions takes time. Being aware of and prepared for this possibility can help you manage these feelings more comfortably.
Take the time now to discuss with your partner how you feel about labor and delivery, your partner, your baby-to-be, and your new role as a father. Doing so while you're both calm and clear-headed can make a big difference when the time comes for Baby to arrive."
OK I know we're due to post pictures of the nursery, and probably a new belly shot - I'll try to get those going this weekend!
Have a GREAT week! :)
OH THAT IS ALL SO WONDERFUL TO READ ABOUT AND SHARE THANK YOU WHEN YOU ARE SO BUSY TO POST SO LOVE YOU MOM
ReplyDelete