Thurs night I had my LAST "NuMom2B" study appointment until Grace is born - weird! Anyway, Blake came with me, and we got to have an ultrasound to look at her measurements - for the most part, she measured in the 60-70th percentiles for her gestational age. She is estimated to weigh 2 lbs right now - 77th percentile. My amniotic fluid index was 19 cm (10-24 cm is ideal) so all good! I'd been feeling quite uncomfortable so it was kind of funny to see her head was resting squarely on my cervix - ouch - that could be contributing! She was wiggly like always - the tech was trying to show us her profile but I don't think Gracie liked that much - she kept turning away - but from what we saw for a moment, cute. :)
Fri I had an appointment with Dr. Jim (Chamberlain) - I think I'm going to have to refer to him as "Dr. Jim" since I'll be taking Grace to his wife, Dr. Michelle Chamberlain (will likely call her "Dr. Michelle") :) - anyway, my HbA1C is 5.7 again, which is just great! We made a few adjustments but nothing major - he checked my feet and they're just fine.
So things continue to tick along pretty well.
I must admit I'm getting anxious about a few things and when I get tired am starting to feel a little depressed - I think because I'm realizing 1) I have limits, at least at the moment, to what I can accomplish before I get exhausted, and 2) I know things will likely not get easier to manage, especially once Grace arrives. Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about this - it's not easy for me to deal with limits, though (having gone through a similar thing post-WNV). I think I'm also a little stressed about finances, and finding sometimes Blake and I are not on the same page about things (not just finances) - usually I cope with that and am pretty flexible (I think) but in my current state I'm finding these things to be more challenging. I think adding intense diabetes management and normal physical discomforts of pregnancy is just adding to the "challenging" feel at the moment. I think once we get nursery furniture in and things organized in our office (now going to be office/guestroom) and basement, I'll feel less overwhelmed which I think will help a lot.
ANYWAY - I feel badly having troubled feelings when there is much to be happy and thankful about. I think it is human nature to struggle with emotions sometimes and to have challenges to our coping skills (makes us stronger, right?), and I think it's not uncommon for women to find themselves feeling guilty about it. I'm just working on letting it be, trying to find acceptable ways to face the challenges without ignoring them, and trying to resume focus on the positive!
Wow what a tangent! Hope you all are great and that I didn't bore you or bring you down!!!
Sweet daughter, most people go through a pregnancy.....not the many many many other stresses you are dealing with , its ok to be uncomfortable with limits so hard to surrender but try to just put everything aside and put a big picture of you and Grace...just you and Grace let everything go... those things will be there always right now just limit yourself to you and Grace...
ReplyDelete