Week 20 is over tonight - time is flying!!! Kind of nice, but kind of scary, too!
This week my nausea continued - yuck. I have calmed down a bunch since Thurs - I think things are just fine and on-track.
One thing I want to mention so I remember - I LOVE my boppy pregnancy pillow!!! It has made me sooo comfortable and I'm starting to almost LIKE side sleeping. :) LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also - I started trying to eat a banana each day - amazingly, it helps with swelling AND seems to help my dystonia - hooray for bananas! :)
Also - I started trying to eat a banana each day - amazingly, it helps with swelling AND seems to help my dystonia - hooray for bananas! :)
This week I got to pick out the pattern and fabric for a quilt my mother-in-law and sister-in-law are making for Grace - I'm super excited! I know virtually nothing about quilting and learned a lot going with them to look at fabric. I think it will be cute - hopefully baby Grace will like it as she gets older!
Also this week we took down and put away our Christmas tree (I know... finally!) ;) and cleared out the nursery! I think picking out colors for the quilt has given direction for the nursery planning. We are pretty set on the color we're going to paint, and we got out the measuring tape and figured out what furniture we would like and from where (wardrobe, dresser, and bookshelf/storage - Ikea; crib... not sure yet! All will be white though.) I have ideas for a few projects I'd like to do (making some decor for the wall, covering pads for the rocking chair...) - hopefully I'll be successful in my ventures! :)
We got to go to Sundance for brunch yesterday with my Dad - between getting out of the inversion, eating wonderfully yummy food, and being in a gorgeous setting, I'd say it was a little piece of heaven. We even bought the first toy we've gotten for baby Grace (not just "future Dimond baby") - a cute little stuffed animal bear. Also my Dad gave us a little Broncos cheer leading outfit my aunt bought and gave him ~2 yrs ago (for his future granddaughter) :) and a really cool "sounds of the womb" teddy bear - they help soothe the baby - good stuff.
Also I've started my registries - it is kind of tricky! But fun. :)
OK in terms of baby development in week 20 (from http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-20-weeks_1109.bc?scid=mbtw_preg20:1027&pe=2UvuHCR&st=MjAxMTAxMzE=):
"Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against her torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of her head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, she's measured from head to toe.)
She's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in her bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
See what your baby looks like this week."
This week, the info "For Your Partner" on babyzone.com was about if you were going to find out the gender - since we've been there, done that now, I'm not going to include it.
Wow, halfway there! That is amazing. I love the pink blog, so cute! I'm glad all is well.
ReplyDeleteThank you Kris!!! :)
ReplyDelete