I know it's most exciting to see the pictures of the baby, but better include some info on week 19 first!
For me - I continued to be nauseous, especially in the morning if my nose is congested. Blech. Otherwise feeling pretty good! Definitely feeling the baby move more... she seems to like kicking my bladder... ;)
In terms of development in week 19 (I know, I know - week 20 started today - so I'm catching up!), from http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-19-weeks_1108.bc?read_more=1&scid=mbtw_preg19:1018&pe=2UvuHCR&st=MjAxMTAxMjU= :
" Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
See what your baby looks like this week."
Now... to finding out the gender... :)
On Jan 19 (Wed) I posted the following and had the following comments on facebook:

Daniella Briscoe Lillywhite Girl.....they usually make you work harder, and we know you worked hard to get this baby here!
January 19 at 9:58am · ·
1 personLoading...
ChrisandTiffany King Im going with GIRL!! even though a boy would be the bomb but I would rather have a older sister than brother and then the next one you can have a boy!!!lol
January 19 at 10:00am ·
Emma Briscoe Leavitt We are all gonna laugh when it's a boy. Either way it's awesome.
January 19 at 10:21am ·
Melissa Dimond You guys are funny! Love it - it's true either will be just fine. :)
January 19 at 10:29am ·
Melissa Dimond PS - if it's a girl, will I need to call her "kidda" vs. "kiddo"...? ;)
January 19 at 10:30am ·
Terri Ridley Marquess We pray for the babies and your health...in the end, that is what is important.
January 19 at 10:33am ·
Jackie Boulton Do the pencil test. That way you won't have to wait. It has worked on everyone that I know. I think that you are having a girl.
January 19 at 11:57am ·
Rachel Black I think it's a girl... I have my reasons. I'll tell you later.... ;)
January 19 at 1:54pm ·
Jennie Glavinic Youngquist I had no idea you were expecting! Congratulations! I guess a girl. Let us know,
January 19 at 4:19pm ·
Susan Mottice Boy Dimond. And you'll name him Denny. Yah, that's it, Denny Dimond.
January 19 at 5:29pm ·
Melissa Dimond Love it - Denny Dimond... :) Thanks all - I'll keep you updated! So far I have one other person saying boy and one girl - so far 75% say girl, 25% say boy. :)
January 19 at 5:34pm ·
Danielle Fiedel I think boy, but keep looking at pink things. Why is that? or will it actually be a girl? I vote boy and the name... Neil... Neil Dimond. : ) It is original.
January 19 at 8:59pm ·
Patricia Lind Stevens Ihave all girl presents so it must be a boy!!! all I know its a grandangel!!!! with an angel mommy
January 20 at 3:53am ·
Melissa Dimond Final tally: 11 boy, 15 girl "votes" (including a few from work) -will post an update soon. :)
January 21 at 10:35am via Facebook Mobile ·
On Thurs night, we had an ultrasound as part of the New Mom2Be study - we told the tech if she could tell the gender, to please write it down since our big appt (where Vicki and Danielle were joining us) was Fri and we wanted to find out then. But since the baby hadn't been too cooperative, we wanted to find out if we could somehow! So - she got a shot of the baby's bum, said she had an idea, wrote it down and put it in the envelope, and asked if we had an idea. Well, I hadn't seen any evidence of a boy, so I thought "yep" but didn't tell Blake what I thought. On the way home, Blake said he'd seen something, so he thought it was a boy! So, our mystery continued...
Fri we went to our appt, and the ultrasound techs were running behind (about 45 - 60 min). I had my appt with Dr. Silver first - I think he thinks it's funny when I bring my entourage. :) Anyway, he said he's totally thrilled with my blood sugars and how I'm doing, and then he said "you know, at this visit, nobody cares about me, or if the baby's brain or heart is ok... they just want to know if it's a boy or girl!" ;) Well, DUH!!! That's what he gets paid to worry about, right? :)
We got into the ultrasound, and no sooner had the tech (my favorite - a wonderful lady named Jo) put the wand on my belly than she declared "Oh, it's a girl!" We were all shocked - first, since Blake thought it was a boy (he must have seen the umbilical cord ;) ) and second, since no one really even knew the ultrasound study had started! She asked if we had a name, and I immediately said "yep, Grace Audry!" and stunned Blake said "hold on! I only agreed to that because I was sure it was a boy - I need to think about that!" He looked at the paper from Thurs night - the tech had written the symbol for "girl" so some verification - we started tearing up, so did Vicki and Danielle... and Jo finished the ultrasound (everything looked great - from the upper lip, to the brain, to the heart, to the kidneys - we could see her gulping, sucking her thumb, etc. - though she never let us verify the gender again!).
We called my Mom to tell her (she started screaming "it's a girl!" She was very excited, but I think scared her daycare kids!!!) We then got copies of pics and a DVD (unfortunately the DVD didn't work, so I went back in the afternoon for a shorter re-take - to be posted in a day or two (or three...)) :)
So - the majority guesses were RIGHT! Without further ado, some pictures of little Gracie (Blake has agreed to the name)... :)
Her right arm... picking her nose...??? Nah... :)
Crown-rump length: 15.51 cm (6.1"); 11 oz +/- 2 oz - maybe a tad big but really pretty much on track!
Front view - little face with eyes, nose, and teeth; right arm, legs/knees
The "female" shot with the three little lines... glad she cooperated, if just for a moment!
Top of the skull with arm and hand
Last - little legs and feet. :)
We're pretty excited!!! On Sat we sold our guest room bed and side tables (to a very nice couple who'd been sleeping on a mattress on the floor - d'oh!) and picked out a paint color for the room (khaki/tan so we can use any accent colors now, and in the future when she decides what she likes) ;) - I think I'm going to go with white furniture... :)
Happy the nursery is gaining momentum!
OK - more soon (video and week 20!)
Oh PS - here are all of the sets of pics from Fri for reference...




















So stinkin' excited for you.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you. Best wishes for the second half of pregnancy. Yay for babies!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!! :)
ReplyDelete