Grace is here!

Grace is here!
Our adventures begin with the amazing baby Grace! :)

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pregnancy can be scary...

Yesterday, during day 2 of a conference/training I'd helped a bit with, I started spotting - and I had some cramping.  I started to tear up, even though it's the second time it's happened, it wasn't bad, and I was pretty sure it would be no big deal!

I called Sam, one of the nurse midwives at Dr. Silver's office - she asked if I'd had a stressful day (yes) and advised me to go home, take a bath, drink lots of water, and put my feet up.  So -  I left the the training and did so.  I didn't realize how tired I was until I did that!  I guess I have more limits at the moment which makes me a little sad - luckily, though, my boss, co-workers, staff, friends, and family are incredibly understanding and supportive.

Anyway - it's kind of crazy how alarmed I get even though it's probably fine!  Sam said around this time in pregnancy, as the uterus expands, the placenta can migrate and slough some cells which causes spotting.  I'm sure that explains it, but am going to try to take it easy this weekend - especially since I'm going to a conference next week so will have a ~15 hr day (between meetings and travel) next Fri.

I think I get so worried because of my experiences in the past... ( positive pregnancy tests which didn't work out) - spotting was not good then...

I'm looking forward to distinct kicking which will be reassuring I think!  Until then, thank heavens for persistent nausea and round ligament pain...! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that is scary! I'm sorry. It's not crazy, of course you felt freaked out. I'm glad everything seems fine and hope you are taking it easy this weekend. And I love the ultrasound photos! she is getting big! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Im so sorry , of course eveything is scarry..

    ReplyDelete
  3. kinda groggy/induced here but I think you should have maybe a little stick on your desk or work, that has key words to balance the scarry..like Grace Audry... embrace the miraculous privilege.. you deserve peace and comfort.. obviously you Grace and Blake ...luv you all y ou aregoing through is normal and you have somany more tests ....big mom hugs .. is your list of presents on line yet? so excited love mom

    ReplyDelete