Soooo much to share!!! Whoa. Have I mentioned time is going by SOOO fast??? Holy cow.
So - during week 29, I had two dr appointments - one with Dr. Silver where I had an ultrasound, and one for a fetal echocardiagram. Everything is great - no detected problems with anything! Grace is measuring just a little big but Dr. Silver is very happy. I will start having twice weekly non-stress tests starting week 32 (VERY SOON!)
Here are pics from the ultrasound - done March 29 - she was measuring about 3 lbs 4 oz and I know has grown quite a bit since! :)
...profile pics...
... pics of her face - I don' t think it's very easy to know what she looks like from these, though...
... and her foot and one more profile - she is grabbing her umbilical cord here.
After we had the electrocardiagram on Fri April 1, we drove to Denver for my first baby shower, hosted by my Mom (at her house) and her friend Melodie Blume and Karen Saul. Way fun!!! I created an album on facebook with shower pics to share at:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=116316&id=1374413779&l=0a7b4ebcbb
I can't believe how kind everyone was. What a treat to see Colorado family and friends! They really hooked us up so to speak - we enjoyed it very much!
Blake took two videos, too:
This one is of everyone being introduced. :)
This one is of my friend Rachel and her baby, Devon. :)
After the shower, we got to visit my step-sister, Karen - she gave us a super cute, soft blanket and then let us go through all of her baby stuff (her girls are now almost 5 and 8 yrs) - she has kept her things basically brand new, and gave us clothes (0-12 mos), a high chair, a boppy, AND a travel system, complete with infant car seat, stroller, and two bases! We were floored by how nice everything is - such a kind thing to help set us up!
We also got to visit our friend Jeremy (he grew up with my brother, Ricky) and Tasha, his gal. They gave us some extremely cute outfits and socks, and a "sounds of the womb" bear. So nice of them, and so fun to see them!
When we went to leave Colorado, we hit blizzard conditions so ended up staying an extra day. Luckily folks at work were happy to help cover and it worked out just fine. :)
... this Fri (week 30) I had a dr appt with Dr. Chamberlain - my HbA1C is holding steady at 5.7 which is great. I'm feeling VERY lucky that the worst things I've had are nausea, heartburn, and swelling in my feet.
Grace continues to move a lot which is cool. About last Sun (end of week 29) we began to be able to feel her movement - not just kicks, but little rolls, etc. outside of my belly! I had heard about this but it was kind of crazy to get to that point where Blake can feel her moving, too.
Sat we had our "Parenting I" class - it focused on what to expect post-partum - I think it was helpful - we also learned infant CPR and what to do if a baby is choking. I surely hope we never have to use those skills...
In the interest of time, I'm just going to give you links to info on week 29 and 30 development - I'll try to do better with week 31! I have a family/friend baby shower this weekend so probably can't promise anything though... :) Mom comes into town Thurs and Gen on Fri - it will be good to see them and see some of my Utah peeps. ;)
Info on week 29:
http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-29-weeks_1118.bc?read_more=1&scid=mbtw_preg29:1079&pe=MlV2dUhDUnwg
Info on week 30:
http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-30-weeks_1119.bc?responsys_count=1&scid=mbtw_preg30:1090&pe=MlV2dUhDUnwyMDExMDQwNQ..
I have been driving Blake crazy with prep for family visits - we have done a LOT in the basement and are SOOO CLOSE to having it done, and converting the office to an office/guestroom! But work has been crazy so hard to focus/get everything done. Fingers crossed it will all come together by Thurs night!
OK hope you all are FANTASTIC - have a great day! :)



Time is really flying! I love the ultrasound pictures. And how fun to see Rachel & Devon too! Baby showers are so fun. You have so much going on, it must feel like a whirlwind!
ReplyDelete